How to Use GMP Flavour Standards
Quick, Convenient and Effective to Use
Each GMP Beer Flavour Standard comes in a pre-set concentration within a capsule. All you need to do is to simply pour the contents into a volume of beer. One capsule provides three times the flavour threshold when added to one litre of beer. There’s now no need to spend time producing chemicals in a sensory lab or to measure them out in a liquid form into your beer.
Each GMP flavour standard in our range is provided in a pharmaceutical blister pack that improves upon the stability and quality of our products. Simple, easy to use and stable to store, our blister packs keep each GMP flavour standard fresh compared to traditional pot packaging types where use over time exposes all the remaining GMP flavour standards to moisture and other contaminants.
To Use -
1. Push out the capsule needed for the session from the blister pack.
2. Hold the capsule upright and at arms length. Tap the capsule and pull apart each half*. Ensure the direction of the capsule is away from your face as you pull the capsule apart.
3. Dispense the powder into a pitcher partly filled with your beverage.
4. Swirl the pitcher to release the flavour.
5. Top up the jug with your beverage to reach the desired training level.
6. Dispense the prepared sample into tasting glasses.
*If your capsule is difficult to pull apart – please carefully use scissors to cut open one end of the capsule and pour.
When you’ve used up the entire pack you can re-cycle the cardboard part by pulling apart the card and disposing of it with accordance to your local re-cycling regulations.
GMP Beer Flavour standards might be robust enough to withstand shipping worldwide however GMP Flavour Standards are best stored under these conditions.
- Keep them in the dark
- Don’t crush the packs – you may damage the contents or release the capsules before you need them
- Keep the packs away from the damp, strong odours or flavours
- Keep them dry – even though the capsules are sealed in individual blisters exposure to high humidity and water could degrade the flavour standards
- Keep them cool, but not too cool – we recommend 20 degrees Celsius, please keep our standards out of the fridge – the cold can make the capsules brittle.
- Check the expiry date – our capsules have a shelf life, past that time and it may effect the flavour that your tasters are being trained or validated on. Use our online order form to get hold of some replacements or call us. We’ll be happy to help!